“This month’s theme is “Stars”.
Be creative, be spontaneous, stars can be the stars in the sky, can be stars on your child's homework, can be stars on a soldier's uniform, can be stars in the movies, can be stars anywhere. I want creative work. Let's have fun!!
Email your star photos to email@example.com by Thursday, July 13th at midnight.
PLEASE DO NOT POST PHOTOS TO FACEBOOK! See the rules below.
By July 14th, I’ll post an “album” on our public Facebook Page. I’ll ask people to vote for their favorites by “liking” their favorite images. Also, we’ll ask for constructive criticism in the comments. I'd like to emphasize the critique portion. Let us know what you like or don't like about everyone's images!
Contest ends midnight of August 1st, the Tuesday before the next meeting.
Then at the August meeting, we’ll announce winner and announce a new theme.
1) Photo(s) (limit 2 per person) must have been taken by you, and with a camera, not a cell phone. We are a camera club after all.
2) Must fit the theme stated at that month’s meeting. (Doesn’t have to be taken that month. They can be older photos.)
3) Must be sent as a JPG.
4) Must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight of the Thursday after the meeting. Any photos received after midnight do not qualify.
5) All images will be uploaded to a Facebook Photo Album on our South Florida National Parks Camera Club public Facebook Page. This is our general public page and we hope many will participate and ‘vote’ for their favorite images. Encourage your friends and contacts to join the fun by “sharing the whole album”, not just YOUR images.
6) Don’t announce which photos are your own to garner additional votes. We will be on the honor system and hope you all will follow it. This is an anonymous competition after all.
7) Photo submission for the Contest is open to SFNPCC members ONLY.
DOs and DON’Ts
· DON’T include a watermark or any personalization to your image. This is supposed to be an anonymous contest.
· DO share the “album” with your friends to view and vote for their favorite.
· DON’T submit an image if you don’t want it passed around in social media.
· DO include your EXIF data (focal length, f-stop, ISO, shutter speed etc.) if you wish for critiquing purposes. Its not required, but will be helpful.
· DON’T get defensive if someone gives a critique that you don’t agree with. For one, it gives away the ownership of the image, prematurely. If something you did was deliberately against the established “rules” of photography for your reasons, take the criticism with a grain of salt. Start developing a thicker skin. Best thing to do is accept it and try to learn from it.
· DO HAVE FUN!