We're meeting at 9pm on Saturday, Aug. 11th at the Ernest Coe Visitor's center. Exact location will be determined later (RSVP please!) All of the locations all will have opportunities to shoot to the north and south, for milky way and north star (Polaris) opportunities, as well as the meteor shower.
- Tripod- Highly recommended
- Remote Shutter Release Cable or Intervalometer - also highly recommended. You can buy one fairly reasonable if you don't have one. They only cost about $25 online. If not, you can set your camera up with its timer.
- Widest and fastest lens, whatever your lowest mm and lowest f-stop lens you have.
- Flashlight - for minimal use only.
- LOTS of bug spray, ThermaCells, Bug Suits, long sleeve shirts and long pants. Anything to keep the bugs off of you. This is the middle of wet season in the biggest swamp in the world. The mosquitoes are very active! I can't stress this enough. This is high time for the mosquitoes. Be very prepared!!
- Protective sturdy footwear. This is the Everglades and critters are everywhere. We won't be hiking the prairies but better safe than sorry. Wear what you have.
- Lawn chairs. Let's be comfortable!
Please, be sure to RSVP by clicking the button below:
Who has RSVP'd?